In this article, we will elaborate on how to utilize the track delivery function within cPanel.
The track delivery feature enables users to monitor their outgoing and incoming emails. It serves as a valuable tool for troubleshooting any issues related to email delivery from your account. Feel free to use this feature whenever you encounter problems with email delivery.
Follow these steps, to utilize the track delivery function:
1. Log into “cPanel Account”.
2. Navigate to the “Email” section and click on “Track Delivery”.
3. To view the delivery report for a specific email address in the last 30 days, enter the email address and click the “Run Report” button.
4. You also have the option to leave the text box empty and select “Show All” to list delivery details for all outgoing emails from your account. Alternatively, you can choose “Show Blocked & Failed” to list all the blocked and failed outgoing emails.
5. There are four types of filters in Email Track:
- Shows Success: This option lists all emails that have successfully delivered to the receiver.
- Shows Deferred: This option displays all emails with a warning, indicating postponed system emails.
- Show Failures: It lists all emails that were not successfully sent to the intended recipient, along with any other email transmission failures.
- Show in Progress: This option displays every email that is currently under delivery. By selecting the small menu icon on the right, Access more information than what is initially presented. From there, you can choose one or more alternatives from the drop-down menu.
6. Explanation of Delivery Report:
- Event – This column displays icons indicating the status of emails, whether they were successful, failed, or deferred.
- From Address – This column shows the email sender’s address.
- Sent Time – This column displays the date and time when each email was sent.
- Spam Score – This column shows the Apache SpamAssassin spam score assigned to each email.
- Recipient’s Email Address – This column provides the email addresses of the recipients.
- Error Description – This column shows any errors encountered by the system during email delivery, providing details about the delivery results.
- Action – This column allows you to access a more detailed report containing additional information about the sent email.
7. Next to the email, you need to click on the “blue button” under Actions to view information about the email transmission.
8. Once you click on the blue icon, you will access the “Delivery Event Details” page.
This is how you utilize the Track Delivery feature in cPanel. For further details about cPanel, please visit our knowledge base section.