Domain Name:Domain name represents the unique name of your website in the World Wide Web(WWW).
A right domain name is one of the important part of success for your online business project. As well as domain name can become a premium investment of your business because as far as you promote your website domain name cost is increasing. We are talking not about the cost of the domain name registration, but the value of domain name .
There are many tips that we would like to mention, that can help you to choose and register a domain name:-
1) You must select the domain name which can be easily recognize and it should be related to your business, products or services you provide, thus it must be descriptive and be a branded name.
2) It should be easy to remember and easy to spell.
3) Good domain name must be short.
4) You must select the domain name which can be understandable to the visitors from all around the world.
5) You must avoid numbers in the domain name, the domain name should be consist of alphabets only. The exception can be the numbers that can be substituted by the words, for example 2 is often used for to, 4 – for, etc
6) Hyphens also make the domain difficult to remember.
7) Very often used domains are generic top level domains like: com, net, org, biz, info. In the past time each domain name extension was used for specific areas, for example com is often used for commercial organizations, now the usage of this domain name is unrestricted, net – originally for network infrastructures, now unrestricted, org – organization, biz – business, info- for informational websites, but unrestricted.
As the Internet developed, domains with .com extension has become one of the most popular and widely used. Nowadays in .com zone there are more than 62 millions of the domains registered, while the number of .net domain names compiles 9,1 million of domain names.
8) If you have decided to register international .com domain it is recommend that you consider the registration of your domain name in the other domain zones.
Registering multiple domain names extensions will allow you to keep your domain name safe from your competitors that can register your domain name in another zone and can help you to avoid long court procedures while resolving domain name disputes.
9) To market services and products accordingly and to use different strategies for search engine optimization and targeting
10) You can set another domain name extensions to point to your website and following it you can drive more and more traffic to it.
11) If in case your domain name can be misspelled or one can make any mistakes while typing it in an address bar, so it is also recommended you to register all the spelling options of your domain name.
Note:It is very important to choose the right name for your domain name once and for all. Please remember that once registered domain name cannot be changed again as when you change even a latter in it this will result in a totally new domain name that should be registered as well.