Actually command prompt is an interpreter application that runs and executes commands entered and looks like MS-DOS in appearance. Many times users face problems because of the command prompt. Many users utilize command prompt but they don’t know the tricks.
You can use the following to open the command prompt: Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (admin).
Few tricks on the command prompt :
1. Send a Command output to Windows Clipboard Directly
If you want to copy and paste the output in the clipboard then you can utilize the following command :
ipconfig | clip
2. Open the Command prompt from a Folder
* If you want to write some command lines to open a folder then there is a very easy process that you can follow. Go to the folder. Keep pressing the Shift key and right-click in an empty space in the folder to get an option in the menu context known as OpenCommand Window here. Click on it.
* You are redirected to the folder command prompt.
3. Run multiple commands
You can run multiple commands at the same time by writing the commands separated by double ampersands. For eg ipconfig && netstat
4. Viewing history
If you want to check the command history then you can use the following command doskey /history before pressing enter.
5. Drag and drop files to change the current path
Press Windows and X and choose only Command Prompt. As it opens now go to the location where the file or folder or interest is located. now open the command prompt, drag the file, and drop it inside the command prompt and the result will be like the one shown in the image.