You can manage all your Git operations directly from within your hosting account using cPanel. This allows you to host both private and public repositories without the need for premium third-party Git hosting services such as GitHub or BitBucket.
For optimal control over user privileges, it’s advisable to consider a VPS or Dedicated server hosting package, which is particularly important when granting access to other users for your Git repository.
Follow the following steps to use the git version control in cPanel:
1. Log into “cPanel.”
2. From the “Files” section, click on the “Git Version Control.”
3. Click on the “Create” button.
4. To create a new repository, simply “swipe the toggle to the left” in order to deactivate this option.
5. Enter the new repository’s file path.
6. Give a name for the repository that will be visible within your cPanel interface.
7. Click on the “Create” button.
8. You will get a success message as shown below.
In this way, you can use Git version control in cPanel. If you encounter any difficulties during the process, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment and inform us so that we can assist you.