The web disk account allows you to easily navigate, upload and download files between the user and web servers. With the help of the drag-and-drop interface, you can access your website files, similar to the way they are stored on a local drive.
Setting Up a Web Disk Account
Follow the steps given here to set up your web disk account-1.Sign in to your cPanel Account.
2. Scroll down to the Files section.
3. Select the Web Disk option.
4. By default, cPanel creates a Web Disk account for you. Your home directory is set as the Web Disk location. The account uses the same login information as that of your cPanel account, and hence, you can access all the files in the home directory created.
5. To access your files, Select the Configure Client Access option present under Actions.
6. A new page opens up, and then select your computer or device operating system out of the available options.
7. Post making the selection of your device, a Download Configuration Script appears. Click on it to download the software
8. The file gets saved to the default download folder on your system.
9. To access the Web Disk, click on your web hosting provider’s setup file.
10. Post opening the dialog box, click on Open.
11. A File Explorer page automatically opens, asking you to log in. In case you are using the default Web Disk account, then the login credentials remain the same as the one used for cPanel. If it is an additional Web Disk account, then the login credentials will be used to create the account.
12. Fill in the username and password, and then click on OK.
13. Once you have logged in, your Web Disk appears, and here you can upload/download files between the device and server by simple drag and drop action.