If you wish to hide the internal servers of your customers for safety concerns, a reverse proxy server is the advantageous root that can be used. A server can be either based on the web or application that is positioned in the similar network as the internal web server and other acts of the apostles as a protection shield for the servers in the network.
Whenever there is a request to a web server located on the network of the Internet, the request must first go through the server side, which deals either by itself or, if necessary, it sends through other web servers. While sending it to the different internal web servers, the server uses the inverse load balancing, thus meeting the requirements of incoming traffic on the servers.
There are several advantages you can link to this, as below:
1. Reverse proxies are well secure against malicious Internet attacks, such as viruses and malware, reinforcing the strength of the internal network.
2. Conversely when the server is made to control caching, server load decreases. Therefore, it is also known as the “Server Accelerator”.
3. With the reverse option, SSL encryption is handled by the proxy itself. The server assists the reverse load distribution to different internal servers in the network. This leads to enhanced efficiency and reduced turnaround times.
4. In the case of a large web page requested, the same can be generated and delivered to the reverse proxy, which then spoon feeds it to the client and the server doesn’t get stuck during this period.
5. The reaction itself can be perfected and closed by the reverse proxy server before the same is passed to the customer.