PhpMychat is a chat room, which is based on PHP or MYSQL script. If users have VPS hosting and they want to install this PHP based chat room, then they can go through the following steps :
1. Open the link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmychat/
2. Download: phpMyChat-Plus_1.93_full.zip
4. Specify the database:
Name of the database :
Yes to password: yes
Enter Password :
Confirm Password :
Yes to create :yes
Create Another :no
5. Go to browser and open http://domainname.com/chat/setup.php3 (Users have to keep in mind that they have to replace http://domainname.com name with their own domain name.
6. Click on the GO option for auto setup.
7. Users have to fill the particular information in the database :
8. Click on the GO option for auto setup.
9. Fine Tuning Options: Users have to select their preferred option and then have to click on the “OK” button.
10. Go To Admin Area: Users have to log in to their admin area with their own username and password.
11. After login, users have to copy and paste the produced text file within their preferable text editor.
12. Using the login and password for the database the users can edit that text file.
13. After an edit, save that text file with the following name: config.lib.php3
14. Transfer the text file to the below mentioned folder : /home/username/public_html/chat/config/
15. The installation process is done. A chatroom is ready to use.
16. Users can browse the following link: http://domainname.com /