Linux Flavours Managed by bodHOST
bodHOST now brings to you Server Support Services for your Linux Servers, to ensure Server Administration services to fit your budget, with management solutions that can be scaled to match your needs.
bodHOST team of certified technicians excel at provisioning complete Server Management Services, including wide range server administration and an excellent knowledge base. You get 24*7 unlimited and uninterrupted access to our Linux Server Technical Support Team. bodHOST remotely takes care of all the technical issues that your server may face, such as server optimization, server security and monitoring.
The following is the list of tasks performed by our Linux Server Administrators on customer request to maintain their dedicated server and ensure its security.
- Installation of mod_security with our own custom ruleset. This module consists of many different rules.
- The ruleset that we use blocks dangerous attempts to hack the server. Add an additional rule or disabling one is possible for us whenever needed as it consists of many rules.
- Compiled PHP version 5 or 6 as per the requirements of the client.
- Installation of mod_evasive to prevent DDoS Attacks.
- PHP Security (disabling few php functions which can be used for php backdoor:"exec, system, passthru, readfile, shell_exec, escapeshellarg, escapeshellcmd, proc_close, proc_open, ini_alter, dl, popen, parse_ini_file, show_source, curl_exec")
- Installation of Rootkithunter and configuring it to update and run itself on a daily basis - It will then send a report if anything goes wrong.
- Repair or Re-installation of corrupt binaries.
- Installing and compiling the latest version of OpenSSL.
- Installing and compiling the latest version of OpenSSH and Configuring it with the
latest version of OpenSSL.
- Disabling Root access and enabling key based access as per the client request.
- Changing default SSH port, disabling SSH1 protocol and enabling SSH 2 protocol.
- Installing CSF/APF firewall (latest version) and Configuring the firewall to accept only incoming/outgoing connections on ports that are needed on a cPanel system.
- Disabling port 22 (default SSH port).
- Brute Force Detection setup and configuration with the firewall.
- Linux socket monitor setup - This will send you an alert whenever a new port is opened on the server.
Installing System Integrity Monitor to monitor the following services
- Server load
The System will automatically try to fix any problems which may arise such as big log files that would automatically get recycled. If the system is not able to fix the problem itself it will send a notification to our support department.
- Mounting /tmp partition with noexec permissions so that no files on these partitions can be executed.
- Disabling compilers for all users but root.
- Sysctl.conf hardening to make it much harder to get attacked by syn floods.
- Open basedir protection setup.
Installing chkrootkit and configuring it to send daily report to our support department.
- Installing Zend Optimizer.
- Tweak Apache configuration.
- Recompile Apache with commonly used Apache and PHP modules.
- Installing/updating Libsafe.
DNS recursion restriction
We guarantee our clients the finest results, combined with excellent support as bodHOST is committed
to provisioning the best budget Server Management Services. So now you can concentrate on your business
and let us take care of the technology it relies on. With bodHOST, your business is in safe hands.