Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to get a WHMCS reseller license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswald Coote
    replied
    Originally posted by wesley View Post

There is a third method, which WHMCS used with a third-party template vendor and which goes against the reseller guidelines we were all taught to obey. They struck a "side deal" with one, allowing him to sell the WHMCS license **without a related hosting product**. That's correct, purchase his low-cost template and receive a free WHMCS starting license. There's a lengthy discussion about it on the WHMCS forum
    I'm familiar with the one you're referring to, and I tested the template, but it's much slower than WordPress. Otherwise, it appears to be in fine condition. However, regardless of the template, WHMCS loads slowly, so I don't think it's a good idea to utilize it to power the entire storefront.
    But I'm curious as to how he obtained that 'side deal.'

Leave a comment:

• wesley
    replied
    Originally posted by Robin View Post
    As you can see, You can choose between two options:
    • - Purchase a license directly from whmcs (whmcs.com)
    • - Purchase a license from a hosting provider (a whmcs reseller) to be used internally on their network (per their website: Our reseller program is designed for web hosting providers to offer WHMCS licenses to direct resellers, VPS, and/or dedicated hosting customers). Licenses cannot be sold to the general public or as a stand-alone product under the reseller program.)
    There is a third method, which WHMCS used with a third-party template vendor and which goes against the reseller guidelines we were all taught to obey. They struck a "side deal" with one, allowing him to sell the WHMCS license **without a related hosting product**. That's correct, purchase his low-cost template and receive a free WHMCS starting license. There's a lengthy discussion about it on the WHMCS forum

Leave a comment:

• Maggie McPherson
    replied
    As far as I'm aware, no third-party sellers are allowed to use their licenses outside of their network. subdomain on the
    I'm aware. One trick is to host your website wherever you wish while hosting your billing on a separate appropriate network

Leave a comment:

• SandraJose
    replied
    Originally posted by Oswald Coote View Post
    You don't seem to think the license is worth $19 per month, excluding VAT...
    I'm surprised they asked for confirmation of ID when it's only software and not a hosting business where it might be used to send spam or other illegal activities.
    It is worth it, and I want to pay it, however, my order has been reported, and they have requested that I produce verification of ID and address.
    I've previously misplaced my identification, so I'm not willing to give images of those documents in exchange for a $20 subscription.
    Their Stripe payments don't appear to use 3D secure, which would directly verify my bank details with my bank, obviating the need for old-fashioned ID checks.

Leave a comment:

• SandraJose
    replied
    Originally posted by Robin View Post
    • - Purchase a license from a hosting provider (a whmcs reseller) to be used internally on their network (per their website: Our reseller program is designed for web hosting providers to offer WHMCS licenses to direct resellers, VPS, and/or dedicated hosting customers). Licenses cannot be sold to the general public or as a stand-alone product under the reseller program.)
    I knew it Robin

Leave a comment:

• Oswald Coote
    replied
    You don't seem to think the license is worth $19 per month, excluding VAT...
    I'm surprised they asked for confirmation of ID when it's only software and not a hosting business where it might be used to send spam or other illegal activities.

Leave a comment:

• Robin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Is it possible to get a WHMCS reseller license?

Hello, everyone!
    I'd like to get a WHMCS license that I can run on my server rather than dealing with WHMCS directly because they usually ask for proof of ID and address.
    Is this possible, or do I have to host my WHMCS on the reseller's server?
Working...
X