TLS and SSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLS and SSL

Hello team, I have been asked to get the TLS Certificate on my server is it the same SSL Certificate or something similar to that? Please advise me where can I buy it and what are the requirements?

Hello,

TLS (Transport Layer Security) and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) are protocols that safeguards the data encryption and authentication between applications and servers in case if the data is being sent across an insecure network.

If its not installed then you'll first need to purchase a dedicated SSL certificate in the name of the hostname of your server & get it installed.

Comment

SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer, is an acronym. a form of online security that enables secure communication between a web browser and a website. TLS has completely replaced the older software, which is currently out of date.

TLS, or Transport Layer Security, secures data privacy in a manner similar to how SSL does. This is the proper term to start using since SSL is actually no longer in use.

A secure version of HTTP is HTTPS. The HTTPS protocol can be used by websites to create a secure connection with the server if they have installed and configured an SSL/TLS certificate.

Comment

Working...
      X