Ssl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssl

I have a website. It shows not secure while running. So I was wondering should I choose a free SSL or a paid one. What is a major difference between them?
    Please suggest!

• Free SSL certificates come free as they’re issued by non-profit certificate authorities.
    Paid SSL certificates come in many different sizes and shapes, each belonging to a different validation level and serving a unique purpose.

Comment

Free SSL certificates only come with a Domain Validation (DV) option. DV certificates are used only for providing a basic level of authentication. Usually, they are used for platforms such as small websites and blogs. Free SSL certificates don’t have the provision for Organization Validation (OV) and Extended Validation (EV) certificates.
      Whereas the paid SSL certificates do come with OV & EV options, which are absolutely necessary for protecting business websites.

Comment

Hello Mrudul,

There are actually several different types of SSL certificates, which vary based on the level of validation they provide. The three main options are Domain Validation (DV), Organization Validation (OV), and Extended Validation (EV) certificates. Each offers a higher level of security than the last and requires a more comprehensive vetting process.

Let’s Encrypt only offers DV certificates. While this may be enough for smaller and more personal sites, larger business and e-commerce sites often require a higher level of validation. Sites that are secured with OV and EV certificates are also more often displayed as secure in browsers, which as we mentioned is vital for improving visitor confidence in your site.

I hope this answers your queries.

Comment

Working...
        X