No announcement yet.

Password Tools...anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lastpass and Keepass are the two of the tools that I am aware of. I believe Lastpass is hosted only service that provides a ton of features.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinW07 View Post
      Lastpass and Keeppass are the two of the tools that I am aware of. I believe Lastpass is hosted only service that provides a ton of features.
      I too am using Keepass for a long time and it's a slick tool out there. Quite sure it supports almost every OS/device out there and can even sync using varied methods.

Comment

Password managers are the way to go but make sure to avoid keeping them in browser as they are insecure. See if you can get hold of a cloud solution for this.

Comment

I make it a point to store all my private stuff on Cloud and external hard drive.

Comment

Like all the tools, there are pro's and con's. Rather than opting for storing all the individual passwords, common password phrases are merged together with the meta-data for each account.

Comment

I like the fact that someone mentioned two-step verification, but the thing is that you will need a mobile device to access the code.

Comment

The good thing I like about these password tools, is the fact that the passwords that are generated are a combination of letters and strings, which many people would normally avoid. These aren't your normal user generated passwords, which are available online for everyone to see.

Comment

Why not just go with two-step authentication and discard the password tool stuff out there? I know the issues that we need smartphones and that connectivity issues come into consideration but there's always email right?

Comment

Originally posted by AshtonK View Post
                    What password management tools are the best from ease of use and security perspective?
                    Have heard of LastPass, Keeper, etc. but not sure which is best or better tools out there?
                    Here are some of the Password management tools of 2017
                    • Dashlane 4
                    • LastPass 4.0 Premium
                    • LogMeOnce Password Management Suite Ultimate 5.2
                    • Sticky Password Premium
                    • Keeper Password Manager & Digital Vault 10
                    • Password Boss Premium v2.0
                    • RoboForm Everywhere 7
                    • AgileBits 1Password 6
                    • True Key by Intel Security (2017)
                    • Zoho Vault

Comment