When it comes to hosting, business owners should have the technical knowledge for selecting a suitable hosting plan. Each of the hosting plan is divided into two types Windows and Linux depending upon the operating system. Linux hosting is based upon an open source operating system that gives free software availability to anyone as well as allows them to use, modify, improve and redistribute versions easily. While Windows hosting is based upon Windows operating system developed by Microsoft. Let’s see the difference between Windows VPS and Linux VPS hosting.
Windows VPS Hosting –
- Reliability – Less Reliable.
- Uptime – Can’t permit 100% uptime.
- Windows Tech Support – Supports .Net technologies such as ASP.NET, VB.NET, etc.
- Unique Windows Database Support – If you need to make use of Microsoft Access or MS SQL database then Windows is the only platform.
- Expensive –Being a commercial system owned by Microsoft it’s more expensive than Linux.
- Working with Other Programming Languages – Isn’t stronger as Linux when it comes to integrating with open source programming languages.
- cPanel – Doesn’t work with cPanel control panel.
Linux VPS Hosting –
- Reliability – More Reliable.
- Uptime – 100% uptime guarantee.
- Popular Tech Support – You can utilize completely high technology which Linux supports like LAMP (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP).
- Diverse Database Support – Comprises of diverse databases that run on Linux with most popular providers of web hosting – MySQL and Postgre SQL.
- All time affordable – Being an open source type of OS there’s no licensing cost to web hosts.
- Working with Other Programming Languages – Works hassle free with other open source programming languages – PHP for example as well as open source applications.
- cPanel – Works smoothly with cPanel.
Now, again choosing from these two hosting types relies on whether your business relies on Microsoft programs and software or open source programs. Windows would be right for your business if you are dependent on Microsoft and Linux would be best for you if you are a fan of opensource.
Get 15% Flat Discount on bodHOST VPS Servers. Hatch the Eggs before 31st March 2016